Don’t miss out register your teams NOW!
The Bocce Federation of Australia is delighted to announce that the 2017 Bocce Australia RAFFA OPEN Mixed Triples Australian Championship will be hosted in Morwell, Victoria at the Italo Australian Club, Morwell.
State, Regional and Club team nominations are now open for registration.
A total prize pool of $3,000 with prize monies for the top eight teams.
1st $1200, 2nd $600, 3rd & 4th $300 and 5th to 8th $150.
1. ORGANISATIONAL RESPONSIBILITY & REGISTRATION FEE
The Bocce Federation of Australia will conduct this Championship in conjunction with the Rules & Regulations of the CMSB & CBI (RAFFA).
Registration Fee – $70 per Bocce Member which includes Entry Fee & 2 meals – Saturday ‘Welcome Lunch’ & Sunday ‘Champions Lunch’.
All other meals at players own costs. (Club Bistro available upon booking)
Non-members $120 includes respective State Bocce Membership fee.
The Championship will be held in Morwell at the : Italo Australian Club, Morwell
Italian Australian Club
499 – 501 Princes Drive MORWELL VIC 3840
Phone: (03) 5134 3541
Web : www.italianaustralianclub.com.au
3. TOURNAMENT DATES
The date of the Championship is Saturday 28th January 2017 to Sunday 29th January 2017.
· Saturday Lunch & Sunday Lunch are provided as part of the entry fee.
· All other meals are at players own costs. They can be purchased from the club at the Club Bistro.
· Visitors are most welcome & can eat in the Club Bistro or with the players at $25 Bocce event prices.
It is the responsibility of the participating Players to make arrangements.
Ms. Sally Fava, Morwell Bocce & Raffa Open Co-ordinator will arrange a preferred Motel accommodation if required so that participants can arrange their own bookings.
Ms Sally Fava mobile 0423 499 586
Bocce Australia and the Italian-Australian Club of Morwell, take NO RESPONSIBILITY for accommodation booking or expenses incurred by players/officials or visitors.
6. COMPETITION FORMAT & NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS
3 players per Team mixed (Minimum one Woman player);
Teams will be in pools of 3 or 4 teams in each pool, depending on the number of teams registered;
Competition format is Round Robin followed by Elimination Knock-Out;
Top 2 teams from each pool qualify to the Elimination Round;
Winners from Elimination Round qualify for Semi-final followed by the Final
12 Points and time limits apply
7. ELIGABILITY & AGE OF PARTICIPANTS
The competition is Open to all Bocce Australia members from State, Regional and Clubs.
Players & officials must be BFA registered financial members through their Member State Federation.
Team Uniforms: ALL TEAM MEMBERS must wear the same uniform when on court. Team sponsorship on uniforms is allowed to a maximum of 100 cm2 on the front only.
9. Prize Monies & Perpetual TROPHY
This year prize monies will be from 1st to 8th.
1st $1200, 2nd $600, 3rd & 4th $300 and 5th to 8th $150
The winning team will be awarded the Perpetual Trophy
10. ANTI DOPING POLICY
Please note that the anti doping policy applies for this Championship.
11. TEAM & PLAYER REGISTRATION
Enclosed is the Team & Player registration form for your attention. Please return the properly completed
These must be received no later than the 14th January, 2017
12. COMPETITION PROGRAM
The Triples Mixed competition rules will be as per BFA Australian Bocce Raffa Open Competition Rules & policy, and in accordance with CBI International Technical Regulations – Raffa Playing rules.
13. DEADLINES FOR INFORMATION & KEY ITEMS:
1. NOW – Book your flights, if flying to Melbourne, Victoria.
– For those wishing to use public transport – From Airport take Skybus to Southern Cross station and catch a train to Morwell. Check timetables and allow sufficient time between connections.
– A courtesy transport pickup from Morwell Railway Station will be arranged for those that will be travelling by train.
2. If driving and need to book a car, minibus or Bus – book it now.
3. NOW – Book your accommodation & confirm Motel.
4. NOW – Confirm & register team Send names to BFA c/- 62 Ashworth Street Albert Park,3206
5. 14th January, 2017 – Closing date for registrations.
We extend our best wishes to the Bocce subcommittee of the Morwell Club and sponsors LaTrobe City for a successful Championship, and thank you for your assistance in getting the paperwork together.
If you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me on mobile 0417 339 640 or via e-mail address: email@example.com
Always in Bocce,
Honorary Secretary – Bocce Federation of Australia Inc.