ATTENTION ALL BOCCE PLAYERS
Recommencing Playing Bocce on 9/6/20
Rules & Regulations
- In South Australia we are able to recommence playing indoor community bocce from Tuesday 9th June 2020.
- In Adelaide we will play at both the Fogolar Furlan and the Sicilia Social & Sports Club commencing on Tuesday 9th June 2020 at 8.30am.
- At the above 2 clubs we will have a booking system in place for the month of June. Players are to contact Anna on mobile Mob No 0409 810 642 to put their name down to if they want to play.
At all clubs including both city and regional there is to be a limit of 10 players to a boccedrome with a vacant court in between.
- At all clubs restrictions in place at present are 1 person per 4sqm with 1.5m distance maintained between players. Chairs will be placed 1.5m apart for bocce bags. These chairs are to be cleaned with alcohol wipes at end of game.
- There will be no contact from person to person
- There will be no sharing of food or coffee
- Hand sanitiser will be available and this is to be used after each end after handling bocce which may have come in contact with other bocce. Alcohol wipes will also be made available for wiping bocce after each end, in available Bins that are placed at the end of each court.
- Any person displaying even mild symptoms of a cold should stay home, consider being tested for the corona virus and have a negative result before returning to bocce.
- Sneezing and coughing etiquette is always to be observed e.g. coughing and sneezing into elbow. Washing hands immediately after blowing of nose, coughing and sneezing. Tissues to be discarded. Both soap and water or hand sanitiser appropriate for washing hands.
- Members are to commence play on arrival with no break in between games and unfortunately no socialising at the end of matches.
- It is recommended that all members to have flu shots.
- All members advised to get the COVID Safe APP.
Download the app here: https://www.australia.gov.au/app
- Competition bocce to be discussed when restrictions further lifted in July 2020.
- Members will be updated regularly as restrictions are being lifted more quickly than originally expected. July may see more of a return to our Bocce of previous times.
Mirella Mancini OAM
President South Australian Bocce Federation Inc