6 January 2023
Please help us by sharing this information with your community.
In this issue
· Free rapid antigen tests for eligible groups
· PCR testing site update
· COVID-19 testing requirements for travellers from China, Hong Kong and Macau
· Translated eligibility checker
Free rapid antigen tests for eligible groups
Rapid antigen tests are free for eligible groups from RAT Collection Points across SA.
Free RATs are available for:
· people with disability or who are immunocompromised
· a carer of someone with disability or who is immunocompromised
· concession card holders (including Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card and Department of Veterans Affairs Concession Card)
Eligible people can collect five (5) free tests. You do not need to register before collecting free tests.
If you are not eligible for free RATs, you can purchase them from participating pharmacies and retail outlets.
Find a RAT Collection Point on the SA Health website.
PCR testing site update
SA Health COVID-19 testing sites at Bedford Park, Walkley Heights, Port Adelaide and Frome Road will stay open. You do not need a GP referral to get a PCR test at these sites.
Some regional testing sites will also stay open.
From 9 January 2023, you will need a GP referral to get a COVID-19 PCR test at other pathology collection centres.
Find a testing site on the SA Health website.
COVID-19 testing requirements for travellers from China, Hong Kong and Macau
The Australian Government has announced it will introduce pre-departure testing for COVID-19 for people travelling to Australia from China, including Hong Kong and Macau.
For more information, read the fact sheets:
Translated eligibility checker
The healthdirect COVID-19 Symptom and Antiviral Eligibility Checker tool is now available in 11 languages.
The tool can help understand if:
· your COVID-19 symptoms mean you need to get medical help or you can recover at home
· you are eligible for COVID-19 antiviral treatment and should contact your GP for assessment.
The tool has been translated into Arabic, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), English, Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Thai, Turkish and Vietnamese.